Used on covers, folders and brochures, "blind" embossing greatly enhances visual appeal and it's ideal for rendering larger images that might be overwhelming if foil stamped or printed. Brand images programs use embossing to increase tactility, elegance and memorability.
- Not suited for fine lines
- Best using long fiber papers
- Multi level embossing may jam in office printers
- Pre Press: Magnesium, Brass, or copper dies etched in acid or hand tooled
- On Press: Paper or resin make-ready to shape paper into image of die
- Post Press: Make-ready recycled - Acid and dies recycled